The Lasallian Educational Approach
The distinctive Lasallian approach recognizes all young people as children of God, deserving of respect and opportunity, and seeks to help them to realize their full potential. Today the global family of Lasallian educators includes some 5,000 Brothers and 77,000 dedicated lay Partners serving nearly 900,000 students in a thousand educational institutions in more than 80 countries. In the United States alone, there are a hundred Lasallian educational ministries serving more than 61,000 students. Fifty-four of those ministries are secondary schools – making Lasallian schools the largest network of Catholic secondary schools in the nation.
Lasallian Core Principles
- Respect for all Persons: We honor and respect the dignity of all individuals.
- Faith in the Presence of God: We believe in the living presence of God in our students, in our community, and in our world.
- Concern for the Poor and Social Justice: We are in solidarity with the poor and advocate for those suffering from injustices.
- Inclusive Community: We celebrate diversity and welcome all members of our community.
- Quality Education: We engage in quality education together as students, staff and faculty by thinking critically and examining our world in light of our faith.